Dennis Ritchie father and Co Creator of Unix and C Died of illness at age 70
Just a week after Apple former CEO Steve Jobs death, another important figure of technology and innovation passed away.
Its inventor, Dennis Ritchie, whose death after a long illness was reported on Wednesday and confirmed on Thursday by Bell Labs, similarly embodied a unique yet admirable approach to systems design: a man with a lifelong focus on making software that satisfied the intellect while freeing programmers to create their dreams.
In a statement, Jeong Kim, president of Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, said:
“Dennis was well loved by his colleagues at Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, and will be greatly missed. He was truly an inspiration to all of us, not just for his many accomplishments, but because of who he was as a friend, an inventor, and a humble and gracious man. We would like to express our deepest sympathies to the Ritchie family, and to all who have been touched in some way by Dennis.”
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Top 5 iPhone Beauty Apps to Beat Your Worst Beauty Woes - December 9, 2013
- How to Setup Chatwing – Tutorial - December 3, 2013
- Skype Offers Free Calls in the Phillipines for Customers Impacted by Typhoon Yolanda Haiyan - November 14, 2013
- MSI-ECS Warehouse Sale - November 14, 2013
- Just Mobile Charger Back-up Battery - November 5, 2013